2ΕΛ By Hellenic Groves PC
Tasting Notes and Food Pairings:
A key motivation for the establishment of “Hellenic Groves P.C.” was our desire for the current generation to discover and integrate into their diet the unique taste of pure and healthy Greek olive oil.
That unique flavor of olive oil, the recollection of which always floods us with nostalgia, attached to beautiful images of our childhood on the island.
The Greek extra virgin olive oil was always there
• in the evenings around the family table with parents and grandparents to tell a thousand stories, where the pure virgin olive oil has always been an integral part of the picture,
• in the freshly baked on the stove traditional bread with freshly made (NIO) olive oil and oil cheese,
• in freshly baked in the fireplace cinder potatoes with freshly made (NIO) olive oil and juicy lemon
• in freshly stewed ragweed from fields with freshly made (NIO) olive oil and juicy lemon
• in small daily pleasures such as traditional homemade bread with olive oil and sugar
• in traditional nut with olive oil, grated fresh tomato and oregano.
An additional incentive was our longing to help with all our strengths in the international promotion and launch of Greek olive oil, which is the first quality olive oil in the world, in the first place as it deserves, ensuring the quality of olive oil by packaging in accordance with the internationally accepted standards.
These incentives have led us to the establishment of our company and they constitute, together with the experience, knowledge and perseverance to produce only qualitative Greek virgin olive oil, fundamental values of its development.
For the production of our products we stringently select raw materials, which we get from either our owned olive groves or from carefully-selected producers.
We cultivate our family olive groves, in Zakynthos Island, in completely environmentally friendly methods, without the use of chemicals for fertilization and pest control. For fertilization we chop in the olive groves, the branches of olive trees that are cut during pruning. Then the elements of nature (sun, wind and rain) undertake the task of converting them into natural fertilizers.
We choose producers from whom we get olive oil primarily from Zakynthos, between either those who grow with “Integrated crop management systems” or among others, based on our experience and also on continuous laboratory quality control of raw material.
The olive oils we are packaging are produced by cold extraction in modern centrifugal presses. Then, we store olive oil in our facilities under controlled conditions of temperature and lighting in stainless steel tanks built and certified in accordance with food safety standards. We bottle with strictly controlled specifications that ensure both the quality and safety for the final consumer.
Our company is in the final stages of certification procedures in accordance with international standards ISO 22000:2005 and IFS.