olive tree cultivation / page 19

Dec. 15, 2011

Commercial Olive Cultivation Begins in India

India's western state of Rajasthan is all set to begin the commerical cultivation of olive. Large farmers in the state have shown keen inclination towards olive cultivation.

Dec. 6, 2011

Pakistan Promotes Olive Cultivation in Punjab

The government of Pakistan is promoting the cultivation of olives in selected areas of Punjab, which are suited for olive farming. A comprehensive plan for olive production has been prepared.

Nov. 28, 2011

Meeting Up with Shimon Lavee, and The One About the Holy Tree

The former IOC president says only Spain will be able to, in the long run, compete with the efficiency of the Southern Hemisphere's modern processing.

Apr. 26, 2011

Seeing Green: Harvesting a New Love for EVOO in Tuscany

Was it the mix of olive varieties? The careful pruning, the coastal Tuscan environment, the organic practices? I’d say all of the above, and the fact that those olives were harvested by some very happy hands.

Mar. 3, 2011

Confronting Soil Erosion in Andalusia

Members of the olive oil industry are meeting in Jaén today to discuss measures to prevent the erosion of an estimated 80 tons of soil per hectare each year.

Nov. 9, 2010

Olive Oil from the Top of the World

In the Himalayan foothills Hartmut Bauder found a climate he calls "the opposite of Europe" and the perfect place to produce the only olive oil made in Nepal.

Oct. 28, 2010

Farmers Union Reaches Out to Uninsured Olive Growers

Only 3% of olive growers in Jaen have insured their plantations against a disaster. The other 97% would be left without recourse in the event of frost, hail and other natural hazards.